Dear all: As I welcome you back to the clinic, I like to inform you of the changes we made to ensure your safety. Although we take extraordinary precautions, please note that:
- The massage therapy treatments involve some risk of COVID-19 transmission, and
- Our RMTs follow a protocol to reduce or mitigate risk, but that risk cannot be reduced to zero.
- Before each treatment, you will be required to complete a self-assessment
- If you are a NEW PATIENT, complete the digital intake form available with your appointment confirmation e-mail IMMEDIATELY after booking, so contact tracing can be done efficiently if the need arises.
- TWO days (48 hours) before EACH treatment, you will receive a reminder e-mail. Within that e-mail, you will need to confirm your treatment AND complete the COVID-19 prescreening form by clicking the “COMPLETE COVID SCREENING” red button.
- We ask you to bring a facemask for your treatment, and we may check your temperature on arrival. Masks are now mandatory during your entire visit with us.
- We ask you to cancel your treatment if you have travelled outside the province in the past 14 days or showed symptoms, or came into contact with anyone who showed signs of COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- If you are a high-risk patient or immunocompromised, you may be asked to cancel or postpone your treatment if the risk to you outweighs the benefit of the treatment.
- RMTs may ask you about extensive contacts with individuals outside the immediate family or work connections that may increase the risk of COVID-19 transmission.
- RMTs will cancel your treatment if you do not meet the prescreening criteria.
First Level Protection
- Arrive within 5 minutes of your treatment to ensure social distancing. If you arrive more than 5 minutes before your treatment you may need to wait before we can see you. Arriving too early puts other patients at risk.
- We limit the number of patients in the reception area to ONE for the duration of the pandemic.
- To ensure social distancing, we have standardized all treatment durations to 60-Minutes.
- The therapists are working staggered shifts to improve social distancing.
- The inside of the treatment room doors now displays a sign that requires you to knock before you leave the room. This ensures social distancing by confirming there is no other person in the lobby or the clinic when you leave the treatment room.
- To reduce the potential of transmission, we ask you to come for your treatment unaccompanied by family or friends.
- Prepayments may be required to shorten the amount of time you spend in the clinic post-treatment
- To limit unnecessary object touching, we recommend you pay via direct billing with your insurance or via e-transfer as Kyrill.email@example.com
Hygiene, Cleaning, Sanitation
- Using Triton Hand Sanitizer (DIN 80097749), an alcohol-based hand sanitizer recommended by WorkSafe BC and approved by Health Canada.
- Using Sanitol RTU – Disinfectant and Sanitizer (Health Canada DIN # 02344904)
- Thorough disinfecting and cleaning the treatment room before and after your treatment, including massage tables, sinks, doors knobs, clothing hangers, and chairs
- Therapists are to wash their hands regularly during the treatment, especially when working on different parts of the body.
- Regular disinfecting and cleaning of the common area
- All linen is washed and sanitized by professional laundry services and is packaged in sealed plastic bags until usage.
- Vinyl pillowcases that are sanitized after each patient are being used during treatments
- Hand sanitizer is located at the entrance of the clinic, to be used when entering the premises.
- Paper tissue is available in all treatment rooms and reception areas.
- To adhere to and ensure the sanitation protocols mentioned above, we have increased the time between patients to 15 minutes.